Call for Expressions of Interest: Readiness Expert Groups for Vagahau Niue and Gagana Tokelau
We are currently preparing to develop two new Pacific language subjects – Vagahau Niue and Gagana Tokelau – as Achievement Standards-based NCEA subjects. To scope how best to deliver this, we will be setting up two Readiness Expert Groups – one for Vagahau Niue and one for Gagana Tokelau.
We are seeking Expressions of Interest from people with extensive pedagogical and/or cultural knowledge of Vagahau Niue/Gagana Tokelau to be part of these Readiness Expert Groups.
What is the role of Readiness Expert Groups?
The Readiness Expert Groups (REGs) will work with the Ministry of Education to provide knowledge and expert advice relating to Vagahau Niue and Gagana Tokelau. They will be leading the scoping work, managed by the Ministry and supported by NZQA.
Scoping will include:
- determining what teaching and learning support is currently available for teachers of Vagahau Niue
- recommending what support will need to be provided to support the teacher workforce for Vagahau Niue in the implementation of teaching and learning for NCEA
- developing an inventory of existing resources for the teaching of Vagahau Niue and determining gaps
- exploring avenues to develop Vagahau Niue resources (students and teachers) in regard to the teaching of that language in NCEA
- exploring avenues to grow teacher availability and capability in regard to the teaching of Vagahau Niue in NCEA
- working with NZQA to identify how to develop the capabilities required for assessment within and of Vagahau Niue
- investigating and/or enhancing higher education qualifications available in relation to the teaching of Vagahau Niue, or any other subject to strengthen and sustain Vagahu Niue
- understanding digital infrastructure and teacher capability and readiness for utilising digital technologies
- considering how NCEA development of Vagahau Niue could be approached
Who can apply?
We welcome applications from people who have:
• language and cultural experience
• language teacher capability
• an understanding of language development
• developing teacher capability
• an understanding of NCEA and assessment
• an understanding of teaching and learning resource development
• experience in using digital technologies for teaching, learning and assessment
What are the application requirements and to whom can applications be sent?
Applications must include the following and be emailed to Hannah Neville (email@example.com) by 5:00pm on 29 July 2021:
• a cover letter which details why you wish to be considered and the strengths that you will bring to this mahi, and indicates which Readiness Expert Group you wish to join – Gagana Tokelau or Vagahau Niue
• a current Curriculum Vitae
• names and contact details of two referees