Explanatory Note 1
Create a sustained body of related artworks involves:
- making related works within an art making proposition.
- using processes, procedures, materials, techniques, and technologies.
Create, with purpose, a sustained body of related artworks involves:
- using action and reflection to progress related works.
- using processes, procedures, materials, techniques, and technologies with control.
Create, with refinement, a sustained body of related artworks involves:
- analysing and extending ideas to progress related works.
- using processes, procedures, materials, techniques, and technologies with proficiency.
Unpacking the Standard
1.3 (External) Create a sustained body of related artworks
The Significant Learning that this standard assesses is the way in which we use pictorial conventions and technologies from established practise to create artwork and communicate ideas. Students will engage in developing their work using techniques and processes from established practice and in response to feedback in order to arrive at an intended outcome.
They will use their selected inquiry to problem solve, build upon visual ideas, and refine technical and/or pictorial conventions as they work towards increasingly successful outcomes which will form a cohesive and sustained body of related works.
This systematic standard works with the investigative 1.2 standard and demonstrates the equal importance of the process of exploration, experimentation, development and resolution of final works. Student evidence for this standard cannot be used as evidence for Achievement Standard 1.4 Produce resolved artwork within an authentic context.
2021 Mini-Pilot Assessment Material
Visual Arts is being piloted by a small number of schools in 2021. You can find out about the 2021 mini-pilot here. The resources below are those used in the 2021 mini-pilot for this standard.
- VA1.3 Assessment Specification
- VA 1.3 Assessment Specification
- File URL:
- File Extension:
- File Size: