Explanatory Note 1
Show understanding of spoken Spanish related to everyday contexts involves:
- identifying and interpreting relevant information from the texts
- demonstrating understanding of different tenses.
Show development in understanding of spoken Spanish related to everyday contexts involves at least one of:
- demonstrating a general understanding of complete texts
- connecting and interpreting a range of information from the texts to justify responses.
Show thorough understanding of spoken Spanish related to everyday contexts involves:
- demonstrating a comprehensive understanding of complete texts
- combining and interpreting a range of information from the texts with precision to justify responses.
Explanatory Note 2
Everyday contexts relate to events or situations that are well known and relevant to the student’s immediate environment.
Explanatory Note 3
Examples of spoken Spanish texts include:
- videos or infographics
Explanatory Note 4
This Achievement Standard is intended to assess students for whom Spanish is an additional language.
Shared Explanatory Note
This Achievement Standard is derived from the Languages Learning Area at Level 6 of The New Zealand Curriculum: Learning Media, Ministry of Education, 2007.
Unpacking the Standard
This Achievement Standard requires learners to demonstrate understanding of spoken Spanish in everyday situations. It involves weaving together linguistic and cultural knowledge as well as drawing on a range of cognitive strategies to make meaning from unfamiliar information.
The text types in this assessment will be audio visual with a focus on material relatable to young people. Text types may include announcements, instructions, short conversations, or spoken messages.
How this external standard will be assessed
This Achievement Standard will likely be assessed via an examination delivered in term 4.
Candidates will respond to a variety of short and long-answer question types.